Wednesday, November 16, 2005

MOTHER...


In a few weeks i will be living one of my dreams...i'm going to MOTHER Africa -Mali. I have been trying to visit Mali for FIVE long years and now the ticket is bought, immunizations are done and my visa is in process!!!!! I am sooo stoked. This is not just a vacation for me, i am going HOME.
It is stifling to only read about and research where you come from, with out a clear and face to face understanding of those facts. It's troubling to see people who look like you, but that you feel so disconnected from. It is life threatening not to be introduced to your greatness in person, so that you can continue the legacy. I am about to experience my knowledge, connect with my brethren/sistren, and see my greatness for the first time. If these white folks (and even some of us) were not ready for me as i am, they sure as hell ain't going to be ready for me after my MOTHER tells me her stories.

until next time....stay Black

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home